That is to feel a certain freedom again I’ve lost in the last 2 years.
I need to feel free and I don’t feel it right now. I don’t feel free today because:
- I’m out of an assignment right now
- I don’t have that capital right now to go without an assignment for a couple of months
Dude, but you are a freelancer, so you should have a backup, right?
I did, but it’s gone. Not because I did something stupid, but because we had to do a couple of things.
- Last year my son was sick for a long time, bad case of Mono’s (Pfeiffer) so fortunately as I had backup, I could take care of him and stay home with him
- We had some things to do in our house
- We really wanted to go on an extended vacation with a mobile home to Germany, Denmark and Sweden.
We all did the above and we are very happy with it, don’t get me wrong.
So, even when I’m writing this I feel like I’m whining, so rationally I know there’s nothing to complain about, we’re healthy, we have and had a lot of fun and we did and still do a lot if things others can’t.
But my Feeling Brain (thanks Mark Manson) still feels trapped. That means 2 things.
- I want to be more stoic (thanks Ryan Reynolds) about what’s going on
- I’m going to be more intentional and make sure I get that backup again.
That means landing a new assignment of course.